We at GMS are looking for a grant writer, proficient in persuasive and easy-to-understand written communication. Founded in 2008, GMS is an established service provider for the Maritime R&D Industry, and other related services for the shipping industry such as: Voyage Optimization, LNG/FSRU vessel Operations, STS Operations, and Safety HSEQ aspects of the global maritime transport industry.
GMS has also participated in seven (7) large maritime R&D projects; and with a recent project win, we are looking to expand our team of writers/content creators and engage enthusiastic individuals who can help us grow further. For more details about the company and the services it offers, you may visit our website at www.globalmaritimeservices.com
As a grant/content writer, you will be critical in identifying, planning, and writing proposals in order to help the company acquire new business, develop new technologies and grow.
- Proactively searching for appropriate grant opportunities that can fund innovative cutting-edge research in the maritime domain
- Presenting comprehensive overviews of suitable grant/funding opportunities
- Coordinating development, writing and packaging of successful proposal from concept to completion
- Working with internal/external stakeholders and collaborating with engineers, developers and other technical specialists to create content
- Edit and proofread content written by others to ensure consistency, accuracy, and clarity
- Translate complex technical information into engaging and easy-to-understand content that meets the needs of the target audience
- Maintaining linkages with public funding bodies such as EU, Innovate UK and Eureka etc.
- Continuously refining the content based on feedback from subject experts
- Researching and developing an understanding of the maritime technology and the possible innovations
- Creating visual diagrams, and flow charts that can increase reader’s understanding
- Academic researching and referencing
- Minimum 2-3 years of grant writing experience in a dynamic environment
- Strong academic portfolio
- Strong writing skills with a command of standard English language
- Proficient in MS-Office
- Knowledge of Teams will be considered a plus
- A strong writing portfolio will be considered a plus
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-lingual international team
- Highly motivated with an ability to work in a team and independently
- Market competitive salary
- Performance based bonuses
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Full-time remote working arrangement
If you are interested, please send in your resume along with a cover letter at [email protected]
with the position you are applying for in the subject. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.